Officially named Traffic Law and Substance Abuse Education (TLSAE Course), this driver education course is still commonly referred to as the Drug and Alcohol course. The 4 hour TLSAE Class is for the individual who has never had a Driver's License. Students must be a resident of Florida and our school requires you to be at least 15 1/2 years old at the time of course registration.
- Florida Statute (F.S) 322.095 requires any first time Florida driver license applicant to complete a traffic law and substance abuse education program prior to obtaining a Learners Permit.
- Florida state law requires successful completion of a TLSAE course prior to obtaining a Florida Drivers License Permit for all first time drivers.
|4 Hour Drug and Alcohol Class Online||TLSAE Course in Classroom|
Available 24/7 on the Internet.
No Test. Certificate Provided on Class Day.
Certified for Hillsborough, Pinellas, Polk, Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Brevard, and all 67 Florida counties.
This TLSAE Course for new drivers is offered two ways; as an Online Class and in a Traditional Classroom. Whichever method you choose, your Completion Certificate is accepted by any Florida DMV office to obtain your Learners Permit.
The 4 hour drug and alcohol course is available in at our Tampa Center. The class is offered by special appointment only.
Florida Drug and Alcohol Class Details
The Traffic Law and Substance Abuse Education course (TLSAE Course) is designed to reduce the number of persons killed and injured on highways by helping drivers of all ages become well-informed and responsible. The program covers state laws, the effects of alcohol and drugs on driving and techniques for avoiding crashes.
The Drug and Alcohol Course is available in a traditional classroom in Tampa by special appointment only. The instructor and students interact discussing various topics including:
- Traffic Laws and Responsible Driving.
- Major causes of traffic accidents, injuries and fatalities.
- Effects of drugs and alcohol on your body and when mixed with driving.
- Legal and financial consequences of a DUI conviction.
- Defensive Driving Techniques, common distractions and the 3 second rule.
- How to safely react to various situations, driving conditions and when the posted Speed Limit is to fast.
Want your own copy of the 2014 Florida Drivers Handbook to prepare for the DMV Driver License Permit Exam? Download the Florida Drivers Handbook in an Adobe PDF File. Read it on your computer or print as many copies as you like.
Need to prepare for your DMV Permit/Class E Knowledge Test? This is your written test taken Online or at the DMV by all new drivers that covers road signs and road rules. Why pay for the Drug and Alcohol Practice Test at other schools when you can take the Geico Quiz here for Free?
There are Never any Hidden Fees at Nations Traffic Safety School!