The 8 hour Defensive Driving School course is a Certified Florida Traffic School class. It is an 8 hour driving course typically that is court ordered by a judge as part of a sentencing judgment, but sometimes can be taken as an "election" (see below).
The Florida 8 Hour traffic school course is typically for the individual who has:
- Received multiple traffic citations over a short period of time.
- Received mandatory or serious traffic violations.
- Election - Some counties (including Dade, Broward and Palm Beach) allow you to take this class for a traffic ticket if you have already taken the 4 hour BDI course in the last 12 months. Check and get approval from the county before you take the 8 Hour Basic Course as an "Election".
Completion Certificates Provided on Class Day
|8 Hour Traffic School Classroom Course||Online 8 Hour Traffic School Course|
No Test. Certificate Provided on Class Day.
Available 24/7 on the Internet.
Certified for all 67 Florida Counties and in all 20 Circuit Courts
Officially named the 8 Hour Intermediate Driver Improvement course, Florida counties often refer to the 8 hour traffic school course on their court documents using abbreviations like the 8 Hour Basic Class, 8 Hour DDC (Defensive Driving Course), 8 Hour DDS (Defensive Driving School), 8 Hour Driving Course or 8 Hour ADV (8 Hour Advanced). Look carefully at your Court Papers; call the Clerk's Office if you need help.
Our 8 hour traffic school class is offered two ways; as a Traditional Classroom (In Person) course in Tampa, Orlando, Kissimmee, or Melbourne or as an Online Traffic School Class. Whichever method you choose, your Completion Certificate is accepted in all 67 Florida Counties (see below).
Classroom Course and Locations
The 8 hour DDS traffic school class is available each weekend in a Classroom at our Orlando location near the UCF Campus, our Kissimmee location, or at the Tampa Center location. We also offer the course in Orlando on Wednesdays, and twice a month on Thursdays or Sundays in Kissimmee. (See Schedule). The 8 Hour traffic school course is completed in one day at all of our locations.
Florida 8 Hour Driving Course Information
Classroom courses are provided in a relaxed seminar style format. This allows you to have direct contact with a certified instructor and have a forum to discuss topics with other students. The seminar style courses offers a highly social class with plenty of interaction among participants.
The 8 hour driving course is divided into multiple sessions and topics. Sessions are 50 minutes in length with a 10 minute break once an hour. While there is no test required to complete the class, students are encouraged and expected to actively participate in the seminar discussions in order to receive their Completion Certificate. Topic include:
- Major causes of traffic accidents, injuries and fatalities.
- Traffic Laws and Florida's Implied Consent Law.
- Defensive Driving Techniques, common distractions and the 3 second rule.
- How to safely react to various situations, driving conditions and when the posted Speed Limit is to fast.
- Legal and financial consequences of a DUI conviction.
- Explore student's driving habits and methods to break bad habits
- Identify student's values and the role they play in making decisions
We believe in educating our students. Our Instructors keep your attention and will arm you with information about traffic law and other important factors to help you stop receiving Traffic Tickets. Sorry, if you are looking for boring Videos, students will not get those here! One thing is guaranteed, students leave our classes with a different perspective about the driving environment, plus positive thoughts and techniques to avoid additional traffic violations.
The total tuition for the 8 Hour Driving Course in the classroom is $70.00. The tuition includes the course, classroom materials, all State of Florida fees, certificate processing and your certificate. Your original Completion Certificate (for the Court) and a copy is provided immediately at the end of the class.
Students need to pre-register for the 8 hour driving course using the Online Enrollment Page. Once we receive your Enrollment Request, we verify your requirement, check appropriate DMV / Court Records and will send a "confirmation" email to you. Students should register as early as possible to guarantee a space for the date of your choice.
The 8 Hour Defensive Driver Course Completion Certificates are printed and provided to students at the end of the class. You will receive two copies before you leave class.
- A Signed original with a unique Certificate Number. This copy is for the Clerk of the Courts and needs to be delivered to satisfy your Court Order.
- A second copy is provided as a receipt for your records. We suggest students file this as a backup copy with your other important documents.
Known officially in Florida as the 8 Hour Intermediate Driver Improvement course, counties often show it on their court documents using variations or abbreviations (see above). Our 8 hour traffic school course Completion Certificate is accepted in all 67 Florida counties including: