The DWLS/R Course (Driving While License is Suspended or Revoked) is an 8 Hour Court Ordered class. It is used by the court as part of the sentencing and/or probation process to help a student work toward reinstatement of their License.
The State of Florida County Courts require you to attend this course in a Traditional Classroom as part of a sentencing judgment. Typical reasons students are Court Ordered to take the 8 Hour DWLS course include:
- Received violation(s) for Driving on a Suspended License (DWLS)
- Received violation(s) for Driving on an Invalid Drivers License (NVDL)
- Condition of Probation release often due to repeated DWLS/R or NVDL violations.
|Florida 8 Hour DWLS/R Course (Driving While License is Suspended or Revoked)|
Certificates provided on Class Day
|No other Driving Course can be substituted for this court ordered class.|
Driving While License is Suspended Course NOT Approved for Online Class in Florida
The 8 Hour Driving While License is Suspended class is available as a Traditional Classroom course twice a month at our Orlando location near the UCF Campus, once a month at our Kissimmee on US-192 right off I-4, and at our Tampa Center in western Hillsborough County. A class is completed in one day.
DWLS/R Course Objectives
We believe in educating and helping our students. Our Instructors keep your attention and will arm you with information about traffic law and other important information to help you regain your Driving Privileges. Students will leave this course with a different perspective about the driving environment, plus positive thoughts and techniques to avoid additional traffic violations and suspensions.
If you have questions or require assistance, you can reach us by phone or by using our email contact form on our Contact Us page. You can also obtain directions to Nations Traffic Safety School locations from that page.
Driving While License is Suspended Course - Additional Information
The DWLS/R classroom courses are provided in a relaxed seminar style format. This allows you to have direct contact with a certified instructor and have a forum to discuss topics with other students. The seminar style courses offers a highly social class with plenty of interaction among participants.
The course is divided into multiple sessions and topics. Sessions are 50 minutes in length with a 10 minute break once an hour. While there is no test required to complete the class, students are encouraged and expected to actively participate in the seminar discussions in order to receive their Completion Certificate.
The 8 hour DWLS/R course enlightens students in discovering how individual personality traits, their attitudes towards the driving environment, stress, anger management, and time management all play a part in their driving behavior. Students evaluate their personal and driving habits, review their driving record and determine what steps are required to have their driving privileges re-instated.
Some specific course objectives include:
- Students recognize and evaluate their current driving patterns. They learn ways to change their harmful patterns and enhance their good habits.
- Students become familiar with laws regarding driving while their drivers license is suspended / revoked (DWLS/R).
- Students accept responsibility for their actions and understand its impact on their drivers license record and life.
- Students provide suggestions on ways to re-instate their driving privileges.
- Students develop a personal action plan to carry out the desired changes in their driving behavior.
The total tuition for the 8 Hour DWLS/R Classroom Course is $110.00. The tuition includes the course, classroom materials, all State of Florida fees, certificate processing and your certificate. Your original Completion Certificate (for the Court) and a copy is provided immediately at the end of the class.
Students need to pre-register using the Online Enrollment Page. Once we receive your Enrollment Request, we verify your requirement, check appropriate DMV / Court Records and will send a "confirmation" email to you. Students should register as early as possible to guarantee a space for the date of your choice.
All students need to be pre-register NLT 24 hour prior to a scheduled class using our convenient enrollment form. Information on the registration form is validated. Once we are able to verify your information with the Clerk of the Courts and the Florida DMV, you will receive an Enrollment Confirmation by email.
No Credit Card Required for Enrollment .
The Driving While License is Suspended Course Completion Certificates are printed and provided to students at the end of the class. You will receive two copies before you leave class.
- A Signed original with a unique Certificate Number. This copy is for the Clerk of the Courts and needs to be delivered to satisfy your Court Order.
- A second copy is provided as a receipt for your records. We suggest students file this as a backup copy with your other important documents.
Our course is Certified by the State of Florida. Your Certificate will satisfy all Florida County Court Orders that require you to take the DWLS/R course including: