Mature Defensive Driver Class for Insurance Discount - Classroom Course
Are you 55 or older Florida Resident? Many mature drivers have never looked back since you received your driver's license. Traffic laws, automobiles, conditions, your driving habits and the roads you travel every day have changed over time. Even the most experienced drivers will benefit from brushing up on your driving and safety skills. In addition, you will save money on your insurance rates.
Take a Mature Defensive Driver Class
The Mature Defensive Driver class is a Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV) approved course. It is for for drivers 55 and older. Senior Drivers that complete this course will receive up to a 10% insurance discount on their automobile insurance rates over the next 3 years. This includes Geico, USAA, Progressive, State Farm, Liberty Mutual, AARP and all other carriers licensed in Florida.
The Mature Driver Insurance Discount Course is available in a classroom or online. Some insurance carriers will also accept the Florida Basic Driver Improvement classroom course. You should always check with your insurance carrier prior to attending either of these courses to get pre-approved, and to see how and where your company wants a copy of your certificate.
We Never have any Hidden Fees. The Advertised Tuition is your Total Cost!
|Classroom Mature Defensive Driver Course|
No Test. Certificate Provided on Class Day.
|Mature Defensive Driver Class Online|
Available 24/7 on the Internet.
Senior Defensive Driver Course in a Classroom
Start being proactive now. Less than 15% of eligible mature drivers in Florida take advantage of defensive driving courses to lower their monthly auto insurance premiums. Attend the Mature Defensive Driver Course to save on premiums and refresh your knowledge and skills. Insurance companies will honor your Certificate of Completion for 3 Years. That is 36 months of lower premiums! The class is both economical and educational.
Want to attend your Senior Defensive Driver course "In Person"? The Mature Driver requirement can be satisfied for most insurance companies in Florida by attending either the Classroom Mature Driver Course or a DMV Certified 4 Hour Defensive Driver classroom course. These classes are offered in:
- The Mature Driver Course is offered in Tampa on Wednesdays (daytime and evening classes) or in Orlando. Relax, your instructors are just like you -- "baby boomers" that remember hula-hoops, Bonanza and rotary phones.
- You can also satisfy most insurance carrier's requirements by attending a 4-Hour Basic Course. This class is offered in Tampa, Orlando and Kissimmee.
Mature Defensive Driver Course Information
The Senior Defensive Driver course will help you refresh your defensive driver skills, learn the current rules of the road and how to operate your vehicle more safely in today's challenging driving environment. You'll learn how you can manage and accommodate common age-related changes in reaction time and vision. Some topics covered include:
- How to maintain the proper following distance behind another car
- The safest ways to change lanes and make turns at intersections
- Proper use of safety belts, air bags, antilock brakes and new technology found in modern cars
- Ways to monitor yours and others' driving skills and capabilities
- The effects of medications on driving
- How to eliminating / minimize distractions, such as eating, grooming and using a cell phone
The total tuition for the Classroom Mature Defensive Driver Course is $25.00. The tuition includes the course, classroom materials, all State of Florida fees, certificate processing and your certificate. Your original Completion Certificate (for Insurance Company) and a copy is provided immediately at the end of the class.
Students need to pre-register using the Internet Enrollment Page. Students should register as early as possible to guarantee a space for the date of your choice.
Completion Certificates for the mature driver insurance discount course are printed and provided to students at the end of the class. You will receive two copies before you leave class.
- A Signed original with a unique Certificate Number. This copy is for your insurance company.
- A second copy is provided as a receipt for your records. We suggest students file this as a backup copy with your other important documents.
Our senior driving course is Certified by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV). Your Certificate will satisfy all Automobile Insurance Carriers authorized to do business in the State of Florida: