Florida Drivers License Permit Test Online
You can take your "written" Florida Driver License Knowledge Exam online. The Florida DMV Permit/Class E Knowledge Test is available for you to complete over the internet if you are under the age of 18 years old. When you enroll for the "First Time Drivers" Online Drug and Alcohol Course, you can select the DMV approved Florida Driver's License Permit Test as an Option.
The advantages of taking your Florida Permit Test online through an approved Third Party Administrator include:
- Sign up on our secure website and take your Drug and Alcohol Course plus your DMV Drivers License Permit Test at home over the internet. You can study and complete both at your own pace.
- Your certificate and test results are automatically transferred electronically to the Florida DHSMV computer systems. That means you can go to any DMV or local authorized County Tax Collectors Office in Florida to take your road test when you complete your written Class E Knowledge Test.
-- Combo Value Package --
Save Time and Money with the Online First Time Drivers Course + DMV Permit Exam
Take Both Online
New Drivers must complete the Drug and Alcohol Class (TLSAE Course) before you take the Drivers License Permit Exam. Register for the First Time Drivers Drug and Alcohol Course and the Florida Drivers License Knowledge Exam at the same time and complete them both online.
Both the 4 Hour First Time Drivers Drug and Alcohol Course and the Driver's License Permit Test are authorized by the Florida Department Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV). Our Online Courses are available to you 24/7 through the internet.
You complete the classes on your schedule and do not need finish in a single day. Any time you sign out to take a break, the next time you logon, you are returned to the point where you left the previous session. Because you are attending in a "virtual classroom", you can use another computer, laptop or tablet at a different location to complete the course.
When you successfully completing your Drug and Alcohol Course Course and Florida Permit Test Online, the Completion Certificate and Class E Knowledge Exam results will be immediately transmitted electronically and on file at all Florida DMV and Tax Collectors offices that issue Drivers Licenses. You can go to any Florida DMV or local approved County Tax Collectors office in the State of Florida to take your eye and hearing exam, and your road test to obtain your Drivers License Permit.
If you have questions or require any assistance, contact the American Safety Institute's Call Center and Technical Support in Tallahassee at (800) 800-7121. You may also contact us or call one of our offices in Orlando, Kissimmee or in Tampa.
Florida DMV Permit/Class E Knowledge Test Online
The drivers test for permit site is secured by 128 bit SSL encryption which is the highest standards for security on the Internet. Your personal information is confidential and will only be reported to the DHSMV for the purposes of obtaining your Driver's License.
You must be under the age of 18 years old to be eligible to take the DMV Permit test online. If you are 18 years of age or older you are required to take the written Permit Drivers Test at your local DMV office or with an authorized Third Party Administrator that offers proctored exams.
You will be taking one (1) 50 question exam which includes questions for road signs and road rules. You must get 80% or better to pass the test (40 questions correct or better).
What if you do not pass the test - What Happens?
If you fail the Test for DMV permit exam online you can retake the test two (2) times. There is a $34.95 Florida DMV Fee for each time you re-take the test.
You will be given a total of three (3) chances to pass the Florida Online Driver License Knowledge Exam. If you fail the test three (3) times, Florida Law requires you to take the DMV Permit/Class E Knowledge test at your local authorized County Tax Collectors office.
Test results are electronically reported to the Division of Driver Licenses and will be recorded in the applicant's driver record.
Want your own copy of the Official Florida Drivers Handbook to prepare for the DMV Driver License Permit Exam? Download the Florida Drivers Handbook in an Adobe PDF File. Read it on your computer or print as many copies as you like.
Need to prepare for your DMV Permit/Class E Knowledge Test? This is your written test taken online or at the DMV by all new drivers that covers road signs and road rules. Why pay for the Drug and Alcohol Practice Test at other schools when you can take the Florida DMV Quiz for Free?
When you complete your Florida Online Driver License Knowledge Exam on our web site online, test results are electronically reported to the Division of Driver Licenses and will be recorded in the applicant's driver record at the DMV and County Tax Collectors Offices that administer drivers license.
Your records appear in their computer system immediately after successfully completing your exam. The record(s) remain on file with the state for one (1) year and allows you to go to any DMV / Tax Collectors Office to apply for your Learner's Permit during that year. You do not receive a personal copy of your completion certificate in the State of Florida when you complete the course online.
Students should print a copy of your results when you finish each part of your Course and DMV Knowledge Test.
Information, Rules and Disclosures Regarding the Drivers License Permit Exam
You must have a valid Social Security Number to register for the DMV Permit/Class E Knowledge test. The Social Security Number must be your number and if this number does not match identification documents, your test results will not be accepted by the DMV office.
If you do not have a Social Security Number you will have the option to enter one of the following during registration:
- Florida ID card number
- Alien Registration number (or)
- Admissions number (or)
Official Information and disclosures required by DHSMV regarding the Driver's License Exam:
It is unlawful for any person to use a false or fictitious name in any application for a driver's license or identification card or knowingly to make a false statement, knowingly conceal a material fact, or otherwise commit a fraud in any such application.
- The payment of Drivers License Online Permit Test fee does not affect the payment of other fees to the Florida Division of Driver Licenses (DDL) or the Tax Collectors at the time the applicant applies for their Learners Permit. You will still be required to pay the an additional fee for your vision test, hearing test, and your photograph for your actual license. (You pay the additional fee when you arrive at your local offices).
- The driver license examiner will be verifying the Social Security Number, Alien Registration number, Florida ID card, or Admissions number and the Name and Address of the applicant. It is your responsibility to enter it correctly as once the test has been taken it can't be changed.
- Test material (examination questions and answers) is made confidential by s.119.07(3)(a), Florida Statutes, and is the property of the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. No one may copy or distribute any part of the test material without the express consent of the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
- Test results are reported to the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles and will be recorded in the applicant's driver record.
American Safety Institute (ASI) is the Provider issuing the DMV Permit/Class E Knowledge test online and is referred to as the Third Party Administrator. When you Select the Registration Button above, you will be transferred to the ASI Testing Site after registering through our Nations Traffic School portal.
More Information from the Florida Department of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles about permit license and requirements can be found at myFlorida Motorist Services - Driver License Information.